Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The best treatments for your face should be simple and natural, but for some reason we’ve been tricked into thinking we need expensive and exotic products to get that youthful glow. While superfoods are great for our insides, they’re equally important to how we look on the outside, too. So we dare you to open up your pantry and start experimenting with superfoods to make super beauty remedies, starting with this antioxidant-rich ultra-moisturizing face mask.
Antioxidant Face Mask
This recipe makes 1 cup – enough for a spa night with a few friends. But you can halve or quarter the recipe depending on your needs. For best results, use this mask 2 to 3 times a week.
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 tbsp gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup BPA-free canned coconut cream (TRY: Native Forest Organic Premium Coconut Cream)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Brew 1 cup green tea.
- Meanwhile, in a coffee grinder, grind oats to the consistency of a coarse flour.
- In a mixing bowl, whip coconut cream with a whisk or electric hand mixer.
- Scoop avocado from peel and add to bowl with cream. Add oats, cacao powder and 2 tbsp green tea. Combine with a whisk or electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Apply mixture evenly onto face, avoiding the eyelids. Leave on for 15 minutes. Using warm water and your hands, gently massage mask onto your face and exfoliate for 15 to 30 seconds. Rinse off.
See Also Healing Honey & Oat Face Mask