Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Bursting with bright notes of citrus and light florals, these uplifting body mists are noteworthy for what they don’t contain. According to the Environmental Working Group, the average store-bought perfume contains 14 fragrance chemicals not listed on the label, including hormone disruptors. Instead, blend your own scents using neroli (orange blossom) floral water and essential oils for two fresh and natural body mists.
Orange Blossom Body Mists
- 1/3 cup neroli floral water (also called neroli hydrosol)
- 1/4 cup alcohol-free witch hazel
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerin
- 60 drops pink grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
- 45 drops blood orange essential oil
- 18 drops jasmine essential oil
Using a funnel, add neroli floral water, witch hazel and glycerin to a glass spray bottle.
Choose either the Fresh Cirus or the Bright Floral essential oil blend and add ingredients to bottle. Seal tightly.
Shake before use and spray onto skin. Store in a cool place for up to six months.
For more DIY ideas, click here.