Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Rose & Ylang Ylang Bath Salts
- 1 1/2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup fine Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/2 cup French pink clay* (TIP: Available at natural health and beauty stores.)
- 20 drops rose essential oil
- 10 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 1/2 cup dried rose petals, or flower petals of your choice, optional (TIP: Available at arts and crafts stores.)
Step 1: To a mixing bowl, add Epsom salts, sea salt and clay.
Step 2: Using a wooden spoon, stir ingredients to combine.
Step 3: Add drops of essentials oils. (TIP: Use your fingers to mix the oils into the dry mixture until it blends in.)
Step 4: Transfer bath soak to an airtight container or jar, layering in crushed or whole rose petals (if using). To take an aromatherapy bath, add ½ cup of mixture to bath water. Soak for 20 minutes.
*NOTE: Pink clay may stain fabric/clothing. Any residual color left in the tub will wash off with regular cleaning.