Here are the facts: one-third of the food we buy gets wasted. Imagine, that’s like going to the grocery store and leaving one of three shopping bags behind in the parking lot – every single week. And only 7% of what we recycle actually gets recycled. Which means most of the recyclable items you sort of felt OK about… well, they’re mostly winding up in a landfill.
We can all do better and we’re here to show you how.
On June 21st, join us for the Green14 Challenge and learn how to easily reduce food and plastic waste and detoxify your home in just 14 days.
Don’t worry. This isn’t going to be a zero-waste challenge, because we all know that’s practically impossible. This challenge is about reducing food and packaging waste and reshaping your habits to consume a little less rather than just buying shiny new – and often disposable – things.
Join Green14 host, Kristy Drutman also known as Brown Girl Green for 14 transformative days to make small changes that have a big impact. Kristy is a Jewish-Filipina environmental educator, content creator, podcast host and speaker who’s made eco storytelling and creative solutions to the climate crisis her life’s work. She’s also on a mission to make eco-conscious living more accessible to diverse communities around the world.
Sign up today and get excited about being a better earthling. Here’s what you’ll walk away with after 14 days:
- How to look at your food, cooking and shopping habits, your home and the waste your household produces and discover easy, doable ways to reduce your eco footprint
- We’ll cook together, stretch ingredients and meals, reduce food waste, find clever ways to use leftovers, and learn to cook root-to-stem
- Learn to upcycle household items, reduce packaging waste, buy less and repurpose more
- Save money while learning to love the planet better!
- Learn how to make nontoxic cleaning products and start composting and gardening
- Every day you’ll get a daily email with a new eco life hack and videos to guide you along
- You’ll get a downloadable challenge ebook with guidelines, step-by-step guides, a 14-day plant-based meal plan, additional recipes, and more
- You’ll get a downloadable Easy, Plant-Based cookbook with 80+ mouth-watering plant-based recipes
In addition to all of this material, you’ll also be entered to win an eco-friendly Vitamix prize!