Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
This face mask uses therapeutic ingredients to cleanse, moisturize and calm even the most sensitive skin. Calendula flowers promote skin regeneration and reduce redness while hydrating jojoba reduces the appearance of wrinkles and helps to clear acne. Oats gently exfoliate skin and are also anti-inflammatory, making them ideal for dry, itchy skin. Antioxidant-rich and antibacterial honey is another ingredient with acne-fighting power, helping to balance skin tone and leave you glowing.
Healing Honey & Oat Mask with Calendula-Infused Oil
- 1/2 cup jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup dried calendula flowers (TIP: Find these at herbal dispensaries or health food stores.)
- 1 tsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp raw honey
1. Prepare calendula-infused oil: Add water to the bottom of a double boiler, and to the top, add jojoba and calendula. Bring water to a gentle simmer for 1 hour then remove from heat and let cool.
2. Using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag, strain calendula from oil. Discard calendula.
3. Into a glass jar, pour infused oil. (NOTE: This recipe makes extra oil. Keep sealed tightly in a jar for up to 1 year in a cool, dark place. It can also be used for other masks and skin care products.)
4. In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, grind oats, leaving them a little rough for more exfoliation benefits.
5. To a small bowl, add ground oats, honey and 1 tsp infused oil. Stir to combine.
TO USE: Apply to face and neck, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Massage into skin and exfoliate using light, circular strokes. Rinse off and gently pat skin dry with a washcloth.