Sea salt sprays are all the rage, and it’s no wonder why. They’re fantastic for styling hair, providing light hold to keep shorter styles in place, and for adding texture and definition to longer cuts. Making your own is easy, and you’ll be amazed at how well sea salt spray can effortlessly boost your style. To counteract the drying effects of sea salt, aloe gel is added for moisture to leave hair soft and touchable while the addition of jojoba oil adds shine. Finally, the combination of lime and vanilla essential oils leaves hair smelling heavenly.
Vanilla Lime Sea Salt Spray
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 1 tsp aloe gel (not juice)
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
1. In a kettle or small pot, heat distilled water then add to a glass measuring cup along with sea salt. Stir until dissolved.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a misting spray bottle.
3. To use, shake bottle and mist onto damp or dry hair. For wavy or curly hair, use fingers to scrunch ends and lift hair at the roots, or twirl sections around fingers for softer waves. For straight hair and shorter cuts, spray and style as usual for definition and hold. Allow to air-dry, or blow dry on a cool and low setting.
TIP: Use after washing to style hair, or spray on any time to restore volume and curls.