1. We love that ancient einkorn wheat has never been hybridized, lending the grain a host of vitamins, protein, fiber, iron and antioxidants. $3.50, jovialfoods.com.
2. Nutty Texmati brown rice mingles with wild rice and rye berries - delightfully chewy in texture with five grams of protein per serving to boot! $7, riceselect.com.
3. Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this flavorful rice has a tendency to cling together, perfectly poised to play the starring role in risottos, paellas and more! $4.50, lundberg.com for retail locations
"I use this rice as a simple side, thanks to its pleasingly chewy and moist texture, as well as in mains like our Sushi Salad!"
- Laura Schober, Fact Checker/Editorial Assistant
4. This savory sidekick's convenience is twofold. It's quick, and it's very diet-friendly: vegan, cholesterol-free, low-fat, low-sodium, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free and nut-free. $4, pereg-spices.com.
"I loved it! It had so much flavor that I feared it was high in sodium - but the box told me otherwise, just 30 milligrams per serving!"
- Alicia Rewega, Editor-In-Chief
5. Their über-modern packaging isn't the only thing that stands out - organic gluten-free flavors such as Sweet Potato & Buckwheat and Millet & Brown Rice are sure to impress your palate! $4, celiac.com/glutenfreemall.
6. Our editorial assistant loved these sprouted wheat tortillas so much, we spotted her eating them for breakfast with peanut butter! $2, alvaradostreetbakery.com for retail locations.
7. Whip up a completely clean Pad Thai with these brown rice noodles - they're low in fat and sodium and serve up a healthy dose of fiber. $3.50, anniechun.com.