Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. This delectably textured butter is gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Its wholesome ingredients include cocoa, hazelnuts, almonds, organic evaporated cane juice and natural vanilla. $10, justinsnutbutter.com
“I hate to admit it, but I’m a real chocolate addict. This product is amazing because it allows me to get my chocolate fix from something that’s actually really healthy! I’ve been smearing it on fruit and toast, and I’ve even thrown it into my morning smoothie.”
– Andrea Gourgy, Food Editor
2. There’s only one ingredient in this nostalgically crunchy nut butter: organic peanuts. As clean and simple as it gets! $6, kettlebrand.com for retail locations.
3. MaraNatha uses raw almonds for a nutty flavor that’s definitely addictive, whether you use it in Asian recipes or slather it on a slice of apple! $15, maranathafoods.com for retail locations.
4. This dreamy cashew butter is as delightful as the story of Once Again’s logo, an homage to the four baby raccoons who grew up on the factory grounds! $9.50, onceagainnutbutter.com.
“I could, and did, just eat this stuff by the spoonful!”
– Alicia Rewega, Editor-in-Chief