Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Food and lifestyle can play a major role in keeping your liver – your body’s master detoxifier – in tip top shape. In the first of Clean Eating’s online exclusive webinar series, dietitians Tiffani Bachus and Erin Macdonald will share their wealth of knowledge on how to eat for a healthy liver. Whether you are eating for disease prevention or if you have a diagnosed condition, this webinar will give you the tools you need to eat for overall liver health and better detoxification.
Your liver completes more than 500 tasks to keep your body functioning optimally including essential functions like digestion, metabolism and removing toxins. But liver issues are common with nearly 1 in 3 adults and 1 in 10 children in the United States having nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), the most common chronic liver disease among people in developed countries. Luckily, if caught early, food and lifestyle can go a long way in helping to reverse this condition.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Best dietary practices for liver health
- Detoxification superfoods
- Why fat (surprisingly) doesn’t cause fatty liver disease
- Can you drink alcohol on a liver-healthy plan?
- How much fruit can you safely eat for liver health?
- Why being a healthy weight isn’t always a free pass
- Why lifestyle matters for liver health
Tiffani Bachus, RDN, and Erin Macdonald, RDN, are longtime Clean Eating contributors, the founders of U Rock Girl and experts in areas of digestive health, weight loss and inflammation.