Prep these veggies in advance in order to follow our "Cook Sunday for the Whole Week" plan.
- 6 large carrots, cut into batons or sticks
- 6 stalks celery, cut into batons or sticks
- 1 lb snow peas, strings removed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into large florets; lightly steam half
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets; lightly steam half
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 beets, grated
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 yellow onions, sliced and sautéed
- Store carrot sticks, celery sticks and snow peas in cold water in the fridge until ready to use. Use within 6 days.
- Pat steamed broccoli and cauliflower florets dry and place in separate resealable bags. Date and place in freezer. They will last up to 8 months and are ready to use in soups, casseroles, curries and salads. Place remaining raw broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl and cover with a damp towel; store in fridge up to 5 days.
- Place grated vegetables in an airtight container covered with a moist towel; seal and store in fridge. Use within 6 days.
- Place bell peppers in an airtight container covered with a moist towel; seal and store in fridge. Use within 6 days. Store sautéed onions in an airtight container and use within 5 days.