Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, roasted peppers, rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender and add parsley. Remove plastic center from blender lid to allow steam to escape, hold a kitchen towel loosely over the opening and purée. (NOTE: Exercise caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Prepare shells: Preheat broiler. Mist corn with cooking spray and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil 8 to 10 inches from heat until light golden brown on all sides, turning as needed, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Carefully remove kernels: Hold corn upright on a cutting board and use a chef’s knife to cut off kernels, starting at the top of the cob and carefully sliding knife downward. Transfer kernels to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, prepare pasta shells according to package directions, cooking until just al dente. Drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, mint, parsley, egg and half of corn (about 1 1/2 cups). Season with black pepper.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Fill each of 24 pasta shells (6 additional were cooked to allow for damaged shells) with about 1 rounded tbsp ricotta mixture and place in baking dish, stuffed side up. Cover shells with remaining sauce, remaining corn and mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes, garnish with additional parsley and serve.
- Serving Size 2 stuffed shells
- Calories 429
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 437 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g