Add some extra flavor and nutrients to your homemade pizza with this easy pizza crust recipe.
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 cups whole-grain spelt flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix together yeast and 2/3 cup warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add water mixture to flour mixture. Knead until a smooth, elastic dough forms, about 7 minutes. Place in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Set aside for 1 1/2 hours to let dough rise.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to a 17-inch circle, flipping every so often while rolling. Fold over edges of dough and pinch into place. You will end up with a 15-inch crust. Place on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with 1 tsp grape seed oil before adding toppings. Bake at 500° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of crust
- Calories: 104
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 31 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g