Find more soup recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oz cremini or shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked adzuki beans (or 2 15-oz BPA-free cans adzuki beans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 3 tbsp unpasteurized white miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Sea salt, optional
- 6 tbsp plain Greek yogurt, optional
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add carrots, celery, onion
- and garlic and sauté until onions are tender and translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, potato, cauliflower and cinnamon and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tamari. Remove pot from heat.
- To a medium bowl, add miso. Remove a ladleful of broth and pour over miso. Whisk to dissolve miso and pour mixture back into pot. Stir to combine.
- Add vinegar and salt (if using). Transfer to bowls and, if using, top each serving with yogurt and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of soup
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 608 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g