Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Customize the muffins by adding 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, dried fruit or chocolate chips to the batter. You can also make this in an 8- or 9-inch square cake pan, but you’ll need to increase bake time by 5 to 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners.
2. To a food processor, add all ingredients except hempseeds and blend until smooth and well combined. Remove blade and stir in ¼ cup hempseeds with a spoon.
3. Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin liners, filling each cup to just below the top, and sprinkle with optional toppings of your choice. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until just set and a toothpick comes out clean with dry crumbs. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 237
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 191 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g