- Prep Time
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2/3 cup creamy unsalted almond butter (or peanut or sunflower seed butter)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3½ cups crispy brown rice cereal/brown rice crisps (TRY: One Degree Organics Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps)
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, optional
1. Grease an 8 x 8- or 9 x 9-inch pan with oil.
2. Cover dates in warm water and set aside to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. In a food processor, process dates, almond butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
4. Transfer to a medium saucepan and heat on low until just starting to bubble around edges (do not boil).
5. To a large mixing bowl, add rice cereal, strawberries and chocolate chips (if using). Pour in almond butter mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
6. Pour mixture into greased pan and press down to flatten the top. Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 12 squares.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 82 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g