1. Grease an 8 x 8- or 9 x 9-inch pan with oil.
2. Cover dates in warm water and set aside to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. In a food processor, process dates, almond butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
4. Transfer to a medium saucepan and heat on low until just starting to bubble around edges (do not boil).
5. To a large mixing bowl, add rice cereal, strawberries and chocolate chips (if using). Pour in almond butter mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
6. Pour mixture into greased pan and press down to flatten the top. Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 12 squares.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 82 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g