Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with our Lemon & Oregano Zucchini Linguine.
- Prepare sauce: In a food processor, blend tomatoes, red pepper and ¼ cup broth until smooth. In a small saucepan on medium, heat 2 tsp oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomato mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Clean out food processor. Add baguette and process to coarse crumbs. Add almonds and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, combine flour, cheese, salt and pepper. Place ¼ cup broth in a third shallow dish.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture; then dip in broth and then into crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on prepared sheet. Discard any remaining flour, broth and crumbs.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and no longer pink inside, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve warm with sauce over Lemon & Oregano Zucchini Linguine.
- Serving Size 2 chicken fingers, 1/4 c sauce
- Calories 273
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 364 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g