1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mist bottom and sides of two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with 8-inch rounds of parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, oil and 2 tsp vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir just until no white streaks remain.
3. Add carrots, walnuts and raisins; stir just until combined. Divide among prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
4. Let cool in pans on racks for 5 minutes. Invert cakes onto racks; peel off parchment paper. Let cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, prepare frosting: Place all frosting ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high speed with the whisk attachment for 1 to 2 minutes, or until fluffy. (Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer.) Place 1 cake on a cake plate and spread half of the frosting on top. Place other cake on top and use remaining frosting to spread evenly on top of second cake. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1/14 of recipe
- Calories 548
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 49 mg
- Fat Content 36 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 529 mg
- Sugar Content 32 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g