Find more breakfast recipes here.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 pitted Deglet Noor dates, or more, to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 large bowl (at least 1 qt)
- Two layers of cheesecloth or nut milk bag
- 1-qt glass jar
- To a large bowl, add almonds and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, or up to 48 hours. Drain and rinse well; clean out bowl.
- In a blender, combine almonds, macadamias, dates, salt and 3 cups cold water. Blend for 2 minutes, until well combined. Adjust sweetness with more dates, if desired.
- Into bowl, strain milk through two layers of cheesecloth. Squeeze cheesecloth gently to extract milk. (TIP: Reserve nut pulp for another use, if desired.) Transfer milk to a 1-qt glass jar and chill until cold. Shake before serving. Keeps refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 c
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg
- Sugar Content: 3.5 g