Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more breakfast recipes here.
- To a large bowl, add almonds and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, or up to 48 hours. Drain and rinse well; clean out bowl.
- In a blender, combine almonds, macadamias, dates, salt and 3 cups cold water. Blend for 2 minutes, until well combined. Adjust sweetness with more dates, if desired.
- Into bowl, strain milk through two layers of cheesecloth. Squeeze cheesecloth gently to extract milk. (TIP: Reserve nut pulp for another use, if desired.) Transfer milk to a 1-qt glass jar and chill until cold. Shake before serving. Keeps refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1 c
- Calories 70
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 3.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g