Nutrients per serving (1/2 of recipe): calories: 684, total fat: 25 g, sat. fat: 4 g, monounsaturated fat: 15 g, polyunsaturated fat: 4 g, carbs: 66 g, fiber: 23 g, sugars: 7 g, protein: 52 g, sodium: 535 mg, cholesterol: 103 mg.
Serve with Yellow Rice.
Image and Recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded and broken into pieces
- 1½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 6-inch corn tortilla, torn
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges and crumbled queso fresco, optional, for serving
- Season chicken with oregano, cumin and pepper. In a large sauté pan on high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To same pan on medium, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add chiles and toast for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, chopped onion, smashed garlic cloves and tortilla; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and return chicken to pan. Cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken; purée tomato mixture in a food processor; season with salt.
- Meanwhile, prepare beans: In a small saucepan on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add minced onion and minced garlic and cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant. Stir in beans to heat through; season with salt. If using, garnish servings with cilantro, lime wedges and queso fresco.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 684
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 103 mg
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 23 g
- Protein Content: 52 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 535 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g