Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with Yellow Rice.
Image and Recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Season chicken with oregano, cumin and pepper. In a large sauté pan on high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To same pan on medium, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add chiles and toast for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, chopped onion, smashed garlic cloves and tortilla; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and return chicken to pan. Cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken; purée tomato mixture in a food processor; season with salt.
- Meanwhile, prepare beans: In a small saucepan on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add minced onion and minced garlic and cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant. Stir in beans to heat through; season with salt. If using, garnish servings with cilantro, lime wedges and queso fresco.
- Serving Size 1/2 of recipe
- Calories 684
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 103 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 23 g
- Protein Content 52 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 535 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g