Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Want to experiment more with millet? Try this recipe.
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa, millet, ¼ tsp salt and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork and stir in corn kernels. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Scrape onto a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading in even layer. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, coriander, cumin, chile powder and remaining 3/4 tsp salt. Stir in tomatoes and juices.
- To tomato mixture, add quinoa mixture, kale, beans, onion and cilantro and toss. Sprinkle with cheese (if using).
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 50.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 554 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g