Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
For more clean recipes, check out Chef Nathan Lyon’s latest cookbook Great Food Starts Fresh, which features over 135 recipes organized by season.
- Slice the apple and fennel bulb into French-fry strips on a mandoline, for approximately two cups apple and two cups fennel.
- Toss together the apple, fennel, shallot, currants, vinegar, lemon juice, walnuts, and parsley in a medium bowl. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and gently fold to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the salad among 4 large plates and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over each salad. Lastly, using a vegetable peeler, top each serving with shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g