Find more chicken recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, skin removed and flesh patted dry
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (TRY: Woodstock Organic Dijon Mustard)
- 1 cup 100% apple cider
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped kale, thick stems removed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ¼ tsp salt, coriander and pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture, turning to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a wide, deep nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add chicken and sear, turning once, until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To skillet (still on medium), add carrots, parsnips, onion and remaining ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add Dijon and reserved flour mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in apple cider, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken and any juices to skillet, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Turn chicken and stir in kale. Simmer gently until kale is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of chicken and vegitables
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 64 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 402 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g