Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF; line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Make crust: In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients plus 1 tbsp water. Pulse until mixture forms a dough. Press evenly into pan. (Do not wash food processor.) Bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a large skillet on medium, melt coconut oil. Add apples, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Prepare topping: Place all topping ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined and crumbly.
4. Carefully spread apple filling over crust and sprinkle with topping. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until topping is golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack before lifting out of pan and cutting into 16 bars. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month. Serve cold or reheated in the toaster oven.
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 72 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g