Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Prepare meatballs: In a small bowl, combine arame and ½ cup cold water. Soak for 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain, discarding liquid. Transfer to a cutting board; finely chop.
2. In a large bowl, stir together arame and remaining meatball ingredients. Shape by rounded 1 tbsp into about 28 meatballs. Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare sauce: To a small saucepan, add arrowroot. Slowly whisk in pineapple juice until smooth. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer on medium heat, then cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
4. Mist a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray; heat on medium. Working in batches, add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until no longer pink inside,
about 10 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size 1/4 recipe
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 91 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 472 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g