- 1 navel orange
- 4 5-oz skin-on arctic char fillets, pin bones removed
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 large shallots, thinly sliced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (NOTE: Leave 1 inch of stems attached.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Zest orange; set zest aside. Cut 4 thin slices from orange and cut each slice in half; set slices aside. Juice remaining orange; set aside.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray. Arrange fish, skin side down, on sheet. Brush tops with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange orange slices over top. Bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add fennel, shallots and remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper and sauté, stirring often, until fennel and shallots are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in wine and orange juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until fennel is tender and liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add watercress and orange zest; toss just until watercress is slightly wilted. Serve with arctic char.
- Serving Size: 1 piece fish and 3/4 cups fennel mixture
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 295 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g