- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (TRY: Woodstock Organic Dijon Mustard)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 oz arugula
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into wedges or bite-size cubes
- 1 cup blackberries, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz halloumi cheese, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high and lightly grease grate. (Alternatively, you can use a cast-iron or nonstick skillet; no need to grease the skillet.)
2. Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together (or shake vigorously in a Mason jar).
3. In a large bowl or platter toss arugula with a light coating of dressing. Top with cantaloupe, blackberries (if using) and mint.
4. Add halloumi to grill and cook until heated and grill marked on bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and grill other side, about 1 minute.
5. Add halloumi to salad and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of salad
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 730 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g