MAKE AHEAD The salad and dressing can be prepared ahead and tossed to coat (through Step 1).
FINISH ON SITE: Grill the tofu and assemble the salad.
PACK THESE TOOLS: Grill, grilling tongs, brush, cutting board, knife, bowl and salad tongs.
- Prep Time
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp lime zest + 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp raw honey
1½ tbsp peeled and minced ginger
1 tsp sriracha
1¼ lb broccoli florets, thinly sliced lengthwise
5 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
¾ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
½ tsp sea salt + additional to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1 14-oz block organic extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
2 tbsp safflower oil
⅓ cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
1. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice, honey, ginger and sriracha. Reserve 2 tbsp in a portable lidded container. To bowl, add broccoli, radishes, carrot and cilantro and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large zip-top bag or container; refrigerate.
2. Preheat a greased grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush tofu with safflower oil and sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp salt. Grill until grill-marked, about 3 minutes per side. Slice each into 2 squares, then halve each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
3. Top salad with tofu and peanuts. Drizzle tofu with reserved 2 tbsp dressing.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 255
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 18.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 627 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 9 g