1. Preheat a grill to medium and grease grate. Prepare burgers: In a large bowl, combine pork, egg, ¼ cup green onions, tamari, garlic powder, black pepper and pepper flakes (if using). Shape mixture into 8 small patties.
2. Grill patties for 5 minutes per side or until meat is browned and no longer pink in the center.
3. Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a jar with a lid, place all dressing ingredients; top with lid and shake well.
4. To a large salad bowl, add bok choy; drizzle dressing over top and toss until mixed. Divide salad among 4 plates. Divide carrots and remaining ¼ cup green onions among servings. Top each salad with 2 burgers.
(NOTE: If following the Meal Plan featured in our July/August 2017 issue, refrigerate remaining burgers and salad servings; store dressing separately. Reheat burgers and toss salad with dressing when called for.)
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups salad and 2 burgers
- Calories 531
- Carbohydrate Content 19.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 112 mg
- Fat Content 38 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 1022 mg
- Sugar Content 12.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 22 g