Asian Chicken Salad Pitas
Packed into a soft whole-wheat pita, this nutty, ginger-infused chicken salad makes a satisfying meal – and it only takes 20 minutes to put together!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: Cashews pack less fat than most other nuts, and the fat that they do contain is mostly unsaturated. In fact, the majority of their unsaturated fat content is oleic acid – the same heart-supportive fat found in olive oil.
- 2 tbsp natural unsalted cashew butter
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded or roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 whole-wheat pitas, halved and split (1 1/2 oz each)
- In a small bowl, whisk cashew butter, broth, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, scallions, carrot, cucumber and cilantro. Add cashew mixture and stir to coat. Fill each pita half with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 pita and 2/3 cup filling
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 72 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 484 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g