Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Cashews pack less fat than most other nuts, and the fat that they do contain is mostly unsaturated. In fact, the majority of their unsaturated fat content is oleic acid – the same heart-supportive fat found in olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk cashew butter, broth, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, scallions, carrot, cucumber and cilantro. Add cashew mixture and stir to coat. Fill each pita half with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 pita and 2/3 cup filling
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 72 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 484 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g