Asian Soba Salad with Sesame Lime Steak
Soba noodles tossed in a light ginger soy mixture are layered on a bed of crisp romaine for the ultimate mingling of flavors and textures.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 scallions, white/light green and dark green parts separated, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 8 oz top sirloin or flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 oz 100% buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (TRY: Cascadian Farm Organic Edamame Shelled Soybeans)
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 oz romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine white/light green parts of scallions, lime juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp sesame oil. Add steak, toss to coat and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and edamame and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until noodles are al dente. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, ginger, remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp sesame oil and set aside. Drain noodles and edamame. Rinse with cool water until cold. Rinse pot with cool water until cold, then return noodles and edamame to pot. Add vinegar mixture and toss to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Transfer steak to skillet and discard marinade. Add peppers and sauté, stirring occasionally, until steak is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide lettuce, noodle-edamame mixture and steak-pepper mixture among serving plates. Garnish with reserved dark green parts of scallions.
- Serving Size 1 1/3 cups
- Calories 401
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 498 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g