Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
PRICE PER PLATE: $3.28
- Position oven racks in top third and center of oven and preheat to 425°F. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce,
- tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp lime zest and 4 tsp juice. Transfer mixture to a large reseal- able plastic along with pork, massaging marinade into pork. Set aside for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade, and pat pork dry with paper towels. Season pork with five-spice powder. Brush a large nonstick oven-safe skillet with 1 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add pork and cook for about 8 minutes, turning halfway, until light brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare squash: Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss squash
- with remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tsp lime juice and 1 tsp oil. Spread squash on sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast squash on upper oven rack for about 30 minutes, turning over halfway, until tender when pierced with a fork and slightly golden brown.
- Transfer skillet with pork to center oven rack. Roast pork, turning over halfway, until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F when inserted in center of pork, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut against the grain into 12 1/2-inch-thick slices and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small heavy saucepan, heat reserved marinade on medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 2 tbsp, up to 2 minutes. (NOTE: As there is only a scant amount of liquid, do not cook more than 2 minutes to avoid burning.)
- Divide pork and squash among serving plates. Drizzle sauce over servings and sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 tsp lime zest.
- Serving Size 3 oz pork tenderloin slices, 2 squash slices, 1/2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g