Find more quick and easy meals here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh or frozen and thawed, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 8-oz package sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tsp grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup sliced unsalted almonds, toasted
- Remove 1 tsp zest and squeeze 2/3 cup juice from oranges; set aside. In a wok or extra-large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on high. Add beef; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove beef from wok.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to wok. Add asparagus, mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- In a small bowl, stir together orange zest, juice and arrowroot until smooth. Return beef to wok; reduce heat to medium. Stir orange mixture into wok and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of stir fry
- Calories: 438
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 85 mg
- Fat Content: 27.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g