COST PER PLATE: $2.05
TOTAL COST: $8.20
Find more flatbread recipes here!
Prepared pizza dough is easiest to work with when it’s at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge 20 to 30 minutes ahead. If you have a pizza stone, stretch or roll the dough out on parchment paper and slide the whole thing onto the stone. If the dough resists, let it rest for 5 minutes, then return and stretch again.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Whole-wheat flour, for dusting
- 1 lb whole-grain pizza dough, room temperature (NOTE: Purchase an all-natural dough or check out our Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough.)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 oz Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 12 oz asparagus, trimmed, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 oz whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500˚F with rack in upper third of oven. Line an 18 x 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out dough to an 18 x 13-inch rectangle; transfer to sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic and oregano and brush over surface of dough. Sprinkle two-thirds of Romano over crust. Arrange asparagus in an even layer over top. Dollop with ricotta and sprinkle with lemon zest, pepper flakes and remaining one-third of Romano.
- Bake in upper third of oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: ¼ of flatbread
- Calories: 552
- Carbohydrate Content: 75 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 22.5 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Sodium Content: 692 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g