Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER PLATE: $2.05
TOTAL COST: $8.20
Find more flatbread recipes here!
Prepared pizza dough is easiest to work with when it’s at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge 20 to 30 minutes ahead. If you have a pizza stone, stretch or roll the dough out on parchment paper and slide the whole thing onto the stone. If the dough resists, let it rest for 5 minutes, then return and stretch again.
- Preheat oven to 500˚F with rack in upper third of oven. Line an 18 x 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out dough to an 18 x 13-inch rectangle; transfer to sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic and oregano and brush over surface of dough. Sprinkle two-thirds of Romano over crust. Arrange asparagus in an even layer over top. Dollop with ricotta and sprinkle with lemon zest, pepper flakes and remaining one-third of Romano.
- Bake in upper third of oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size ¼ of flatbread
- Calories 552
- Carbohydrate Content 75 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 22.5 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Sodium Content 692 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g