- Prep Time
- 8 oz whole grain pappardelle (TIP: This can be found dried or in the fresh pasta section.)
- 2 yellow zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths (TIP: Substitute broccolini if you can't find asparagus.)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted pine nuts, optional
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid, drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in small batches, sauté zucchini, stirring frequently, until softened and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Return all zucchini to skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until asparagus is tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add pasta, lemon zest and cheese; toss to combine. If necessary, add enough reserved pasta-cooking water to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with mint and pine nuts (if using).
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 289
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 9 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 322 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g