Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Our Asparagus and Zucchini Pappardelle with Parmesan is a vegetarian pasta recipe that’ll deliver a hearty dose of nutrients and satisfy your taste buds. With the delicious combo of two different veggies, pine nuts, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh herbs (and that irresistible Parmesan cheese!), it’s a simple yet elevated meal. And best of all, it comes together in just half an hour.
When you need a healthy meal that doesn’t require lengthy cooking time, turn to this pasta. If you keep your fridge – or even your home garden – stocked with plenty of green veggies, you’ll likely always have the primary ingredient for this pasta on hand. And when spring arrives, this Asparagus and Zucchini Pappardelle is even better, as you’ll be able to make it with fresh, in-season produce and herbs.
Need more easy pasta ideas? Try these:
- Roasted Vegetables & Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
- Sunflower Seed Pesto & Veg Pasta
- One-Pot White Wine Pasta
Asparagus and Zucchini Pappardelle with Parmesan
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in small batches, sauté zucchini, stirring frequently, until softened and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return all zucchini to skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until asparagus is tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add pasta, lemon zest and cheese; toss to combine. If necessary, add enough reserved pasta-cooking water to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with mint and pine nuts (if using).
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 322 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g