1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid, drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in small batches, sauté zucchini, stirring frequently, until softened and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Return all zucchini to skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until asparagus is tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add pasta, lemon zest and cheese; toss to combine. If necessary, add enough reserved pasta-cooking water to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with mint and pine nuts (if using).
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 322 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g