- Cook Time
- Prep Time
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp each garlic powder and paprika
¼ tsp each onion powder and ground black pepper
1 large egg, beaten
3 avocados (Tip: Choose avocados that are just ripe; if they’re too soft, the fries will fall apart.)
⅓ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ tsp chipotle chile powder
⅛ tsp sea salt
1. Make fries: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, combine almond and coconut flours, salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper. Place egg in a separate small bowl.
2. Halve and pit avocados. Cut each half into 4 to 6 wedges. Dip one wedge in egg then dredge in flour mixture and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining avocado, egg and flour mixture. Mist fries with cooking spray and bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes, turning over and misting with cooking spray halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, make dip: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve fries with dipping sauce on the side.
NOTE: Alternatively, cook the fries in a skillet. Pour avocado oil in a medium nonstick skillet until ½ inch deep and heat on medium. Working in 3 batches, cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. If serving immediately, keep warm in a 200ºF oven on a metal rack set over a baking sheet while cooking remaining slices.
TAKE IT TO GO: Pack fries and dip separately. Reheat fries in a toaster oven.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 338
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 44 mg
- Fat Content: 31 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 467 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g