Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Refrigerate leftover components in separate containers and assemble
when called for.
This recipe is part of the “Your Quit-Sugar Meal Plan“
1. Prepare baba ghanoush: Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush cut sides of eggplant with oil. Place, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake until eggplant is very soft and starting to collapse, 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
3. Prepare dressing: In a food processor, mince garlic; add tahini, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper. Process until smooth; remove to a container and set aside
4. To finish baba ghanoush, remove eggplant from oven and scoop out flesh; transfer to a mesh sieve placed over a bowl and sprinkle salt over eggplant. Set aside 10 minutes, shaking occasionally to release water. Transfer eggplant to food processor; add garlic, lemon juice and tahini; pulse until smooth.
5. Assemble bowls: Divide quinoa among bowls. Top with cucumber, tomato, carrot, olives, parsley and dressing. Garnish with additional parsley.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 533
- Carbohydrate Content 78 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 653 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g