Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find another unique twist on nutritious beets here!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small roasting pan, add beets and roast until tender and easily pierced with a sharp knife, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. (NOTE: This recipe uses baby beets, but you can use larger ones and increase the roasting time.)
- Remove and discard skin from beets. (Use gloves, if desired.) Transfer beets to a medium bowl and toss with mirin and rice vinegar. Marinate 1 hour, or up to 3 days, covered and refrigerated.
- Transfer to a cutting board, discarding marinade; wash and dry bowl. Cut each beet in half and return to bowl. Add red wine vinegar and oil and toss to combine. Add frisée and toss. (TIP: Adding frisée last helps prevent discoloration.)
- Divide beet mixture among 2 plates. Top each with salt, coriander, honey, watercress and goat cheese, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 244
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 388 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g