TAKE IT TO GO: Pack eggs in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- Prep Time
- 12 halvesServings
3 slices bacon, no added nitrates or nitrites
1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved lengthwise
3 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. In a medium skillet on medium, cook bacon to desired crispness, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Drain all but 1 tbsp fat from skillet. Add jalapeño and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Spoon egg yolks, mayonnaise and mustard into a medium bowl. Mash until well combined and smooth. Crumble or chop bacon. Fold jalapeño mixture, bacon and cilantro into yolk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. With a tbsp measure, spoon filling into egg white halves.
- Serving Size: 2 halves
- Calories: 165
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 199 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g