The Baja Grilled Peach Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing
Sweet, juicy grilled peaches add a lovely warm-weather flair to this salad packed to the brim with beautiful vegetables. The true star of this meal, though, is the creamy cashew dressing spiked with just a touch of cayenne. If you have time, we suggest making the candied pecans as they add an addictive sweet-salty crunch.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more delicious peach recipes here!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 peaches, pitted and quartered
- 3 ears sweet corn, husked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 to 7 oz mixed greens
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/3 cup toasted unsalted pecans, chopped*
Spicy cashew dressing
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 1 to 4 hours (depending on the strength of your blender), and drained
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (TRY: Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium and lightly oil grates. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt, paprika and pepper. Brush peaches and corn lightly with olive oil. Grill peaches, chicken and corn until peaches have light grill marks (about 4 minutes per side), chicken is cooked through (about 5 to 6 minutes per side) and corn has light grill marks (8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally). Slice chicken into 1-inch slices; cut corn kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a blender, add all dressing ingredients along with ¼ cup water; blend until smooth and creamy.
- To a bowl, add mixed greens. Add corn and onions; drizzle dressing to lightly coat and toss. Arrange on a platter and top with chicken, peaches, avocados and pecans. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serving Size 1/6 of grilled peach salad
- Calories 410
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 63 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g