Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: By including radishes (traditionally used to improve digestion) and barley (a rich source of insoluble fiber to help ensure regularity), this quick salad will please both your taste buds and your digestive system.
COST PER SERVING:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rub a 9-inch glass pie pan with 1 tsp oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion and 2 tsp oil over medium hat for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Drain beans over a bowl to catch the liquid, then combine drained beans with onion in a large bowl. Stir in pear, mustard, ginger, honey, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp reserved bean liquid. Spoon bean mixture into pie pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before beans are done, add barley, daikon, broccoli slaw, red wine vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp oil to a medium bowl. Toss to combine and season with salt. Serve baked beans alongside broccoli slaw.
- Serving Size 1 c beans and 1 c salad
- Calories 311
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 11.5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 277 mg
- Sugar Content 10.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g