Baked Brie with Lavender Honey Strawberries on Toasted Baguette
Oozing from the oven, Brie cheese is smothered in a delicately flavored strawberry sauce with a touch of honey and lavender.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3/4 tsp dried lavender
- 1/2 lb strawberries, stemmed, cored and chopped (1 2/3 cups)
- 8-oz round Brie cheese
- 8 oz whole-wheat baguette, sliced thin (about ½ large loaf)
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- Arrange oven racks in upper-middle and lower-middle positions and preheat to 375°F. To a small saucepan on medium high, add honey, lavender and 2 tsp water and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer until fragrant, 2 minutes. To a medium bowl, add strawberries and honey syrup; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Line a medium rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper and place cheese in center. Bake on upper rack until cheese feels very soft when pressed, 15 to 17 minutes. On a large rimmed baking sheet, place baguette slices and bake on lower rack until lightly toasted. Transfer cheese to a serving plate. Cut a thin wedge to let the cheese ooze out. Top with strawberries and their syrup, then top with pistachios. Serve with baguette slices.
- Serving Size 2-inch wedge brie, 1/4 cup toppings, 3 toasts
- Calories 226
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 333 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g