Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Like the spicier things in life? Try out homemade jerky recipe, too!
Love a good cheese & chicken combo? Try our Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place chicken in a large resealable bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 2 tbsp lemon juice and hot sauce. Pour into bag with chicken. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Place a wire rack over a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and mist with cooking spray. In a separate large resealable bag, combine flour and cayenne and shake to combine. Place cereal in a small bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off any excess, and transfer to bag with flour. Shake until chicken is well coated. Transfer to remaining marinade to a small bowl. Working in batches, remove chicken from bag, dip in marinade, then roll in cereal. Transfer to rack and mist chicken with cooking spray. Bake for about 22 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1 tsp lemon juice, blue cheese, scallions, salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (MAKE AHEAD: Yogurt sauce can be prepared up to a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.)
- Serving Size 3 tenders and 2 T dip
- Calories 162
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 236 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g