Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Arrange a rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Fill a 9-inch square baking pan halfway with very hot water. Butter 4 6-oz ramekins with 1 tsp butter each. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 2 tsp butter until foamy. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Divide mushrooms evenly among ramekins. Top with asparagus and half-and-half, dividing evenly. Crack 1 egg into each ramekin and top with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set ramekins into prepared pan and carefully transfer to oven. Bake until whites are set and yolks are still slightly runny, 15 to 18 minutes. Meanwhile, rub cut side of garlic over 1 side of each bread slice and toast until golden. Cut into triangles and serve with egg cups.
- Serving Size 1 egg cup and 1 piece toast
- Calories 225
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 208 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 355 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g