Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes release their juices and come to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add zucchini and potatoes and cook uncovered, adjusting heat to maintain a simmer and stirring occasionally, until zucchini and potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Stir olives and 1 1/2 tbsp oregano into tomato mixture; add salt. Transfer to a 2-qt baking dish and arrange mussels over top. Bake until mussels open, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle mussels with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Serving Size 8 to 12 mussels and 1 cup tomator mixture
- Calories 272
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 663 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g