Nutritional Bonus: One small spud offers 15% of your day’s recommended intake of vitamin B6. The water-soluble B vitamin is vital in the production of serotonin and melatonin, neurotransmitters that help regulate your sleep and mood.
If you enjoyed these Parmesan fries you'll love this chili cheese fries recipe!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 5 minutes more or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 162 mg